Call for Speakers
We are getting excited about the next addition of wine2wine! We are issuing a Call for Speakers to the international wine community.
Submit your proposals and help ensure we have the most exciting, relevant and practical content!
In 2019 wine2wine will be held on the 25th and 26th of November in Verona Italy. The event will provide a unique opportunity to reflect, discuss and share ideas on the most important issues facing the rapidly evolving international wine industry.
wine2wine takes place over two days and features engaging and relevant seminars, interactive workshops and a speaker’s corner. We are seeking out the finest speakers to contribute to each of these sessions.
Important!!! We expect the sessions to be practical, approachable (a call to action to demystify complexity!) and to provide tangible tools for wine producers and other attendees! Every presentation should include a list of key actionable takeaways!
This year’s edition will feature a 45-minute format. Your speech would be 30-minutes long, followed by a 15-minute question and answer session. We are looking for renowned speakers who are able to provide exceptional and original contributions to the following topics:
- Implications of data-driven management for the wine business
- Leadership and hiring the best people
- The most useful wine apps
- Exemplifying social sustainability in the wine industry
- Different models of organizing wine production and distribution: consequences for profitability
If you are an expert in your field who can add fresh perspectives to these topics, we would like to hear from you!
Please note: These seminar sessions should not include promotional or commercial content. Speakers are encouraged to present in an educational manner.
2. wine2wine Labs/ Workshops
The wine2wine labs include a series of practical hands-on sessions. These sessions are targeted predominantly at wine producers and should provide participants with practical information and tools to improve their wine businesses. The wine2wine labs are open to smaller groups of around 15 participants who pre-register for the event.
- Revolutionizing marketing and communication strategies
- Uniting new technologies and wine
- Effective management strategies
Applicants to this call should be skilled facilitators, since these sessions are practical, and should encourage active participation and exchange of business ideas among lab participants.
3. Speaker's Corner
wine2wine will also feature a ‘Speaker’s Corner’ which provides you with a 10 minute platform to ‘give a voice to your idea!’ This provides a space for companies, wine start-ups, wine influencers, bloggers, wine entrepreneurs and enthusiasts, to present their innovative ideas and solutions and to dialogue with wine producers. Topics are open for these sessions, be creative!
Guide for Speaker Proposal Submissions
Proposals should include the following information:
1. Full name
2. Professional title
3. A short professional bio (max 120 words)
4. Presentation title
5. Summary/ abstract of your presentation, including actionable takeaways (150 – 250 words)
6. A short speaker video that demonstrates presentation skills (1 – 3 minutes)
Deadline for proposal submissions: 22 July 2019
Notification of acceptance: 9 September 2019
Deadline for final presentation submission: 4 October 2019
Process for the Evaluation of Proposals
A committee of skilled experts will evaluate speaker proposals.
The following criteria will be used to evaluate proposals:
1. Well-defined session topic that demonstrates innovative thinking
2. Includes clearly defined ‘key actionable takeaways’, which can be practically implemented by participants
3. Speaker’s level of knowledge and expertise in the specific session topic
4. Speaker’s credentials
5. Speaker’s presentation style, which should be demonstrated in the video link
Note: Submitting a proposal does not guarantee acceptance. wine2wine mainly recruits expert speakers directly and thus we anticipate that the ‘call for speakers’ will account for no more than 20% of programme speakers. Kindly note that due to the large number of applications, we are unfortunately unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
- For enquiries regarding the programme, please contact: email@example.com
- For enquiries regarding participation as a sponsor, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you at wine2wine 2019!